- Choir EnsemblesThe choral program at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College provides opportunities for students of all levels of ability to study and perform outstanding choral music from the 16th to the 21st centuries and from a variety of cultures. Our program has two primary ensembles which differ by size, skill level (from no experience to advanced) and repertoire. The ensembles are comprised of students from all disciplines, not just music majors.
- Concert ChoirConcert Choir builds individual music skills such as sight-singing, tuning, ear training, and rhythm while developing the abilities to work together as a choral ensemble. Concert Choir performs at least two concerts per semester with additional performance opportunities a possibility. Performances include, but are not limited to, an annual Medieval Feast, Lessons and Carols and performances of larger Masterworks. Concert Choir ranges in size from 30 to 50 members. You do not need to be a music major to participate and does not require an audition.
As an outgrowth of the Concert Choir, eight to twelve singers may be selected through audition to participate in a chamber ensemble which, among other performances, may participate in the Oklahoma Choral Directors’ Association Intercollegiate Choir.
- Broadway CabaretBroadway Cabaret presents students the fundamentals of performing in musical theatre through acting, singing, and using Musical Theatre Repertoire. This is an auditioned group which focuses on solo and ensemble repertoire. We are looking for twelve to sixteen students who are, theatrically speaking, “triple threats”. Students will have the opportunity to prepare and present several songs of varying styles during the year. Three to four Cabaret shows are scheduled throughout the year based around a variety of themes. Additional performance opportunities in the Miami and surrounding areas are added into each semester. This course is not intended to teach students the mechanics of how to sing, but rather how to more effectively act songs and perform for the musical theatre.
- Concert Choir
- Musical TheatreMusical Theatre opportunities at NEO take what you found fun and exciting in high school to a higher plane. You’ll receive training in voice, acting, movement, and dance. And you’ll develop a broad range of styles under the direction of faculty who are talented, professional performers in their own right. NEO produces at least one mainstage musical per year. Some seasons provide even more opportunity for musical theatre productions, including children’s theatre and small-cast musicals. Summer Musical Theatre workshops are offered for prospective students and current students.
- The College Masquer's ClubThis organization is for students who enjoy the performing arts, especially Theatre. We are involved in many activities on campus such as Homecoming, Welcome week, Destination NEO, Theatre performances, cabaret performances, Choir, Art shows and others. Also we try and see outside shows from other colleges and some professional shows. We support students wishing to compete in performance event such as national auditions and the American college Theatre Festival. You don’t have to be a performing arts major, just someone with an interest or love of them. We meet twice a month and end our year with a banquet with our own version of the Tony’s or Oscars.
- The Norwegian Legion Marching BandThe Norwegian Legion is one of the most visible performing ensembles on
campus. The marching band performs in the Fall semester at all home
football games, select away games and some local community events. The
band is a high energy performing group that works hard to play hard. The
band is made up of students from a wide range of majors. Scholarships are
available for members of the marching band. NEO is the home to the only
marching band at a two year college in the state of Oklahoma.
- The Norse Sound Pep BandThe Norse Sound is NEO’s spirit group that performs at events across campus
and in the community. The Norse Sound also is the primary group that
performs at all NEO home basketball games. Known for being loud and rowdy,
they really know how to “bring it” to keep the crowd into the game. This
group is taken from members of the Norwegian Legion Marching Band and
meets in both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The NEO Jazz EnsembleThe Jazz Ensemble performs standard big band jazz charts as well as latin,
funk, and other styles of jazz centered music. This group is created by
audition and performs in the Spring semester.
- The NEO Percussion EnsembleCovering standard percussion ensemble repertoire, the ensemble uses a wide
variety of percussion instruments. This ensemble is created by audition.
This ensemble meets in both the Fall and Spring semesters.
- The NEO Brass/Woodwind EnsemblesThese ensembles cover chamber music repertoire and promote the skills
needed for small ensemble playing. These groups are created by audition
and meet in the Spring semester.
- Applied MusicStudents can take private music lessons with a faculty member to increase
performance skills on their instrument. Weekly recitals will give them the
opportunity to perform in a soloist setting.