Conditions of Entrance into the Nursing Program
- Students must complete one of the required biological science courses with a grade of “C” or above prior to entry into NURS 1116 Introduction to Nursing.
- See current application for TEAS and TOEFL requirements.
- Students must meet one of the following criteria in math prior to admission to the program:
- ACT Math subscore of 19 or higher
- Computerized Placement Test (CPT) Math score of 72.9 or higher
- COMPASS Algebra score of 48 or higher
- COMPASS College Algebra score of 21 or higher
- Successfully complete MATH 0123 Intermediate Algebra
- Students must meet one of the following criteria in reading prior to admission to the program:
- ACT Reading subscore of 19 or higher
- Computerized Placement Test (CPT) Reading score of 88 or higher
- Nelson-Denny Reading Test score of 13 or higher
- COMPASS Reading score of 84 or higher
- Successfully complete CIED 0133 Improved Reading and achieve the required score on the Nelson-Denny, ACT, CPT, or COMPASS
- Minimum GPA 2.5 in all required prerequisite courses to be eligible to apply
- Minimum GPA of 2.33 in required Science courses (Chemistry, Anatomy/Physiology, and Microbiology) to be eligible to apply.
- Students must remove all academic deficiencies as defined by NEO College, except history, no later than the spring semester in which the student is making application to the program. Any history deficiency must be removed prior to graduation.
Upon acceptance into the nursing program, students must:
- Have a physical exam completed by an approved health care provider (physical exam form will be provided)
- Submit proof of required immunizations (pdf)
- Submit proof of certification in American Heart Association (Health Care Provider) CPR that does not expire before end of program
- Purchase malpractice insurance through the Nursing Program at the beginning of each year
- Have a criminal background check conducted in accordance with the Nursing Program policy
- Submit to a drug screen in accordance with the Nursing Program policy
- A computer or tablet will be required for nursing examinations. A mobile device/smart phone or tablet is optional for electronic resources, which include a drug reference guide, IV drug reference guide, laboratory values guide, and medical dictionary. Some assignments may require access to the online learning management system (D2L), ATI, and EHR Tutor. You are responsible for having access to a reliable internet source.
You may access information about computer recommendations on the NEO website at neo.edu/it