Any provisional or full member of the Honors Program will have their eligibility continually reviewed each semester.
To maintain continued eligibility in the program once accepted, students must:
- Be enrolled at NEO full-time (attempt 12 credit hours or more per semester)
- Maintain a cumulative 3.5 GPA
- Receive a grade of B or higher in all honors courses or courses with an honors contract
- Maintain a pace of completing a minimum 80% of all credit hours attempted
To be eligible for graduation as an Honors Program graduate, students must:
- Maintain all continued eligibility requirements
- Be a full member of the Honors Program
- Complete a minimum of 15 credit hours of honors course work, of which 9 hours must fall under general education requirements
- Complete the one-credit Honors Leadership Seminar course
- Meet the requirements for an associate degree from NEO
If a student falls under the pacing or GPA requirement for continued eligibility, they will either be put on probation or discharged from the Honors Program. Under the discretion of the Honors Program staff, a student may be put on probationary status if the Honors Program staff believes the student is capable and motivated to satisfy all eligibility requirements within a single semester. If the Honors Program staff believes the student is incapable of satisfying eligibility requirements within a single semester, the student will be discharged from the program and its subsequent benefits.