Welcome to NEO
Welcome to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College!
We have provided this Student Guide to Online Learning to help you with the procedures for online students here at NEO. You may go through the guide step by step from start to finish, or use the quick links below to view needed information. We hope you find the guide informative and beneficial.
For almost 100 years, the students, faculty and staff at NEO have taken great pride in saying: “Once a Norseman, Always a Norseman.” On behalf of everyone at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, please allow us to say how excited we are to have you join our tradition of excellence.
- Step 1: Applying for Admission
- Step 2: Setting up Online Access
- Step 3: Getting Enrolled
- Step 4: Accessing My Financial Aid
- Step 5: Paying My Bill
- Step 6: Purchasing My Books
- Step 7: Navigating the D2L Learning Environment
- Step 8: Accessing Student Resources
We invite you to take a few minutes to watch the Tour NEO video to learn more about services and resources for online students. Visit the NEO website regularly to stay current with campus news and upcoming events, connect with key campus personnel, and access the student resources offered to ensure success in your online courses.
Now that you have toured the website, the first step in the process to become an online student at NEO is to apply for admission. Let’s get started!
Step 1: Applying for Admission
NEO has an “open admission” policy that provides easy access to education opportunities. Students must submit an application for admission. Watch the Admissions video to learn more.
Required Admission Documents
- Official High School Transcript or Official GED Diploma
- Official Transcripts from other colleges attended
- ACT scores for students under the age of 21
- College Placement Test Scores may be required for students over the age of 21.
Enrollment begins with the Admissions and Registrar’s Office. Online students should contact the Admissions and Registrar’s Office at (918) 540-6399 to begin the distance enrollment process. Access the Admissions web page at http://www.neo.edu/admissions/.
Step 2: Setting up Online Access
As a new NEO student, activate your GoldKey account to securely access your NEO email, MyNEO, and D2L, our learning management system.
Watch the GoldKey Activation video to set up your GoldKey credentials.
- The GoldKey link is located at the bottom of every page on the NEO website. Use this link to set up or access your GoldKey account
- From the acceptance letter, locate your Campus Wide ID & PIN Number
- NEO GoldKey Passwords expire every 120 days. Use the GoldKey link at the bottom of every page on the NEO website to change your password
- All official campus correspondence will be sent to your NEO email
- Contact the NEO HelpDesk by phone: (918) 540-6006 or submit a HelpDesk ticket for the fastest response: helpdesk.neo.edu
Step 3: Getting Enrolled
The Center for Academic Success and Advising (CASA) aims to assist student both on campus and online. CASA’s Online Academic Advisor makes the option of enrolling from a distance seamless with accessibility by phone and email.
Watch the Getting Enrolled video to learn more about distance advising and enrolling at NEO.
- Gather all relevant information prior to the advising session
- Notify your advisor of any changes in academic plans (for example: drop/add classes, pending transfer credit, or change of major)
- Contact CASA’s Online Academic Advisor by phone: (918) 540-6971 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Accessing My Financial Aid
Our financial aid staff is happy to assist you by phone or email. Watch the Financial Aid video to review the steps to apply for and check the status of your financial aid.
- If you have not already applied for financial aid, access and complete the FAFSA using the link provided on the financial aid web page
- NEO’s FAFSA code is 003160
- Contact NEO’s Office of Financial Aid by phone: (918) 540-6029 or by email: email@example.com
Step 5: Paying My Bill
The Business Office is here to help you navigate the financial responsibilities associated with attending college. Watch the Paying My Bill video to learn how to navigate your financial transactions.
Use your Student Account Center to:
- Manage your account or pay your bill 24/7
- View payment history
- Provide permissions to others (parents, employers, etc.) to view your bill and make payments
- Contact NEO’s Business Office by phone: (918) 540-6029 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 6: Purchasing My Books
The NEO Bookstore carries all required course textbooks and supplemental resources for classes, plus study aids, and office materials. Watch the Purchasing My Books video to learn more about the NEO Bookstore.
- Contact the NEO bookstore by phone: (918) 540-6027 or by email: email@example.com
Step 7: Navigating the D2L Learning Environment
D2L (aka Brightspace) is NEO’s online learning management system. Log in to D2L using your GoldKey credentials to access all of your online courses.
You can access the D2L login page from one of two locations on NEO’s home page at www.neo.edu.
- The D2L Link in the top right navigation bar or
- The D2L link in the “Current Student” dropdown menu in the main navigation bar.
You can also access the D2L login page by typing the URL in your web browser: d2l.neo.edu.
Watch the Navigating the Learning Environment video below to learn more about D2L.
Use the links below to access short video tutorials for the commonly used features of D2L
Step 8: Accessing Student Resources
NEO provides a suite of services to help online students be successful in their studies. Explore the links and view the videos in the Student Resources section to become familiar with resources for online students.
Watch the Accessing Academic Student Resources video to learn more about the Academic Resources available for online students.
- Disability Coordinator
MyNEO-Self Service is a convenient, secure, and user-friendly resource accessed online through your MyNEO portal. It provides access to your personal information, student records, and financial aid information.
Watch the Using MyNEO-Self Service video to learn more about MyNEO.edu.
- Look up classes
- Print your concise student schedule
- View your holds, grades
- View/print unofficial academic transcript
- Find your primary advisor
The NEO Helpdesk is designed to support all Faculty, Staff, & Students at NEO A&M College. If you are experiencing difficulty with technology, please submit a Helpdesk ticket.
Watch the Submitting a Helpdesk Ticket video to learn more about the NEO Helpdesk.
- Locate the link for the helpdesk at the bottom of every page on the NEO website
- Contact the NEO helpdesk by phone: (918) 540-6009 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org