Student Support Services is a federally funded program committed to meeting the needs of students who are pursuing a bachelors degree.
To qualify you must be a student at NEO desiring tutoring, career counseling, career assessment, or transfer advisement.
In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).
- Financially disadvantaged (Pell Grant recipient).
- Documented disability.
What is required to be in the SSS Program?
To be an active participant in the program, you MUST do the following:
- Complete Interview and Assessment Process.
- Establish eligibility and academic need; set social, career and academic goals.
- Determine your skill level in technology.
- Complete academic & Learning styles inventories.
- Match your interest and aptitude with a career path.
- Complete the In-Class (On-line Assessment of Classroom Styles and Skills)
- Attend 2 SSS Sponsored activities.
- Participate in tutoring sessions.
- Keep advisement appointments.
- Attend two cultural events each year.
- Take one trip to a career site and/or a four-year institution.
- Follow the success plan set up for you.