Student Support Services is a federally funded program committed to meeting the needs of students who are pursuing a bachelors degree.
To qualify you must be a student at NEO desiring tutoring, career counseling, career assessment, or transfer advisement.
In addition, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).
- Financially disadvantaged (Pell Grant recipient).
- Documented disability.
What is required to be in the SSS Program?
To be an active participant in the program, you MUST do the following:
- Complete Interview and Assessment Process.
- Establish eligibility and academic need; set social, career and academic goals.
- Determine your skill level in technology.
- Complete academic & Learning styles inventories.
- Match your interest and aptitude with a career path.
- Complete the In-Class (On-line Assessment of Classroom Styles and Skills)
- Attend 2 SSS Sponsored activities.
- Participate in tutoring sessions.
- Keep advisement appointments.
- Attend two cultural events each year.
- Take one trip to a career site and/or a four-year institution.
- Follow the success plan set up for you.
How Do I Join?
Please fill out and print the application below and bring it to Ables Hall Room 212.
Community Service Hours Tracking Form
Community Service is defined as volunteer activities that have a significant impact in meeting the needs of communities and that allow people to help others by sharing their time and talents. Leadership and decision making are some skills practiced in performing community service along with increasing self-esteem, and networking for future career contacts.