If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT! Clear the area and immediately call Campus Police at extension 6300 (after hours at 918-533-1243). Attempt to gather the following information and write the information down as the Caller says it. Have a co-worker relay the information to Campus Police while you are talking to the Caller:
Questions To Ask
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb right now?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What does the bomb look like?
- Why did you place the bomb?
- What is your name?
Exact wording of the Caller.
Impressions of Caller:
______ Sex ______Race ______Accent
______ Child ______ Young Adult ______ Older Adult
Exact Time of Call: ______A.M. ______ P.M.
______ Calm ______Angry ______ Excited ______ Slow _______ Rapid
______ Soft _______Loud ______ Laughter ______ Crying _______ Normal
______ Low Pitched _______ Distinct ______ Slurred ______ Lisp _______ Cursing
______ High Pitched _______ Stutter ______ Nasal ______ Raspy _______ Deep
______ Ragged _______ Disguised ______ Accent ______ Deep Breathing
______ Familiar _______Cracking Voice
If voice is familiar, who did it sound like? __________________________________________________________
_______ Quiet ________Static _________Voices ________Street Noise
_______ Motor ________Dishes _________Office Machines ________Music
_______ Machinery ________Clear _________Animal Noises ________Local
_______ PA System ________Long Distance _______House Noises
Your Name _________________________________________________________________________________
Your Department _____________________________________________________________________________
Your Telephone Number _______________________________________________________________________
- Campus Police will conduct a detailed bomb search. Employees may be requested to make a cursory inspection of their area for suspicious objects and to report the location to the DPS DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT!
- Do not activate the building alarm, as this will be done at the discretion of the Campus Police Department. If activated, THE BUILDING ALARM RINGS ONLY IN THE BUILDING.
- When you are told to leave by Campus Police, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- ASSIST THE HANDICAPPED IN EVACUATING THE BUILDING. DO NOT USE ELEVATORS IN CASE OF FIRE.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested assist the Campus Police.
- DO NOT RETURN TO AN EVACUATED BUILDING unless directed to do so by the Campus Police.