- If serious injury or illness occurs on campus, immediately contact 911 (if on a campus phone, dial 99-911) to report the incident, then notify the Department of Public Safety at extension 6300 (after hours at (918)533-1243).
NOTE: The Department of Public Safety has a direct line to the paramedics and ambulance and can render first aid and CPR themselves.
- In case of minor injury or illness, do your best to provide first aid care. Check with the building supervisor concerning the availability and possible location of first aid supplies.
- In case of serious injury or illness, if Red Cross trained personnel are present, they should quickly perform the following steps:
- Keep the victim still and comfortable. DO NOT MOVE THE VICTIM
- Ask the victim, “Are you okay?'” and “What is wrong?”
- Check breathing and give rescue breathing if necessary.
- Control serious bleeding by applying direct pressure on the wound.
- Continue to assist the victim until help arrives.
- Look for emergency medical I.D., question witnesses and give all information to the Department of Public Safety.
If Red Cross trained personnel are not immediately accessible, follow the above steps to the best of your ability.
****NEO has a campus nurse on staff and can be reached at ext. 6298 ****