FACE COVERING GUIDELINES FOR NEO EMPLOYEES
- In accordance with CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, you are expected to wear a face covering when inside a NEO building or facility, as set forth below. Information regarding face coverings, including how to make them, is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Appropriate face coverings include cloth facemasks, disposable masks and face shields.
- A face covering should meet the following criteria:
- fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face,
- completely covers the nose and mouth,
- is secured with ties or ear loops,
- includes multiple layers of fabric (tightly woven cotton is recommended),
- allows for breathing without restriction,
- does not have an exhalation valve, and
- can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape or cleaned as recommended by CDC, if not disposable.
- The following are exceptions to wearing a face covering while inside a NEO building or facility:
- Employees working alone in their offices,
- While participating in activities in which a face mask cannot be worn, or would prohibit respiratory function (like eating or drinking), and/or
- Individuals with a recognized disability and have an accommodation that prevents wearing a mask.
- Face coverings should be worn outdoors when social distancing is not possible.
- You are expected to provide your own clean, well-maintained, and professional face coverings, but a limited supply of mask will be available from the supervisor, if needed.
- Face coverings are not a replacement for social distancing. You should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet even when wearing a face covering, if possible, to provide additional protection against the spread of COVID-19.
- If you have questions, please contact your supervisor or the NEO Human Resources Office.