The OSU/A&M Board of Regents embraces energy conservation and endorses the concept that it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure every reasonable effort is made to conserve energy and natural resources while exercising sound financial management. The importance of adopting an energy management and conservation policy is recognized in order to administer the program. NEO A&M Energy Management is here to ensure all students, faculty, and staff at the college are informed and empowered to conserve as much energy as possible.
To promote campus–wide stewardship of resources by reducing energy consumption while maintaining a productive, educational environment.
Monthly Energy Tip
5 February Energy Saving Tips
- Replace old, inefficient toilets with WaterSense labeled models to reduce water used by toilets 20-60%. This could add up to a $2200 savings over the lifetime of the unit.
- Save up to 30% on HVAC energy expenses by installing a programmable thermostat.
- Cooking with the microwave uses 2/3 less energy than the stove.
- Switch to LED nightlights to save about 85% less energy.
- Check the size of your water heater. For a family of 1-4, a tank of 30-50 gallons is sufficient.