The OSU/A&M Board of Regents embraces energy conservation and endorses the concept that it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure every reasonable effort is made to conserve energy and natural resources while exercising sound financial management. The importance of adopting an energy management and conservation policy is recognized in order to administer the program. NEO A&M Energy Management is here to ensure all students, faculty, and staff at the college are informed and empowered to conserve as much energy as possible.
To promote campus–wide stewardship of resources by reducing energy consumption while maintaining a productive, educational environment.
Monthly Energy Tip
- Turn off unnecessary lighting. ( gymnasiums, locker rooms, dressing rooms, conference rooms, laundry rooms, break rooms, athletic facilities – no reason to use lighting when teams are not in season. Better plan / schedule for energy savings. ) Huge energy waste in these areas……
- Take advantage of natural lighting when all possible.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Replace outdoor lighting with its equivalent outdoor-rated LED bulb. LEDs work well in cold weather.
- Use outdoor security lights with a photo cell and / or a motion sensor.
- Use fixtures with electronic ballasts and T-8, 32 watt fluorescent lamps.