Every person is expected to be an “energy saver” as well as an “energy consumer.” However as an energy consumer, you can make a difference by taking the following steps to reduce energy consumption in offices, classrooms, residential life buildings, and even at home.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Turn off computers, monitors, speakers, and printers when not in use.
- Turn off TV’s, stereos, and appliances when you leave the area.
- Unplug all chargers when not in use.
- Keep doors and windows closed when heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems are in use.
- Close window blinds and angle them up when leaving for the day.
- Facilities management is working to keep everyone comfortable while saving energy, over time this should eliminate the need for fans and space heaters. Our priority is to keep each of you comfortable. If you are having a problem please contact us.