- Upload Videos to YouTube
Sign In to your YouTube account and click the upload icon in the top right corner.
Choose video privacy settings prior to uploading your video(s).
Note: You may also skip to Step 3 and modify privacy settings later
- Public videos and playlists can be seen by and shared with anyone.
- Private videos and playlists can only be seen by you and the users you choose.
- Unlisted videos and playlists can be seen and shared by anyone with the link.
- Scheduled videos are set to be published and become Public on a day and time you choose.
Click the “Select files to upload” arrow or drag a video over the “Or drag and drop video files” text to upload a video.
Check upload status in the Processing progress bar at the top of the page and in the Upload Status section on the left. Processing time varies due to file size.
As the video is uploading, you can edit basic information such as the video’s title, description and privacy settings.
“Processing Done” will display in the Processing bar once the upload process is complete, and “Upload Complete!” will display under Upload Status
Choose the thumbnail image you would like to display as the main image for your video by clicking on one of the three available images at the bottom of the page under Video Thumbnails.
Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video. Note: Your video won’t be viewable by other people unless you click the Publish button.
Once you successfully publish your video, a confirmation screen will display with the YouTube URL specific to your video. Note: This screen will vary depending on the privacy setting you selected.
- Automatically Captioning Videos on YouTube
- Search YouTube for Videos with Captions