The NEO Bookstore is located in the Bruce G. Carter Student Union and is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday during the Spring and Fall semesters. In the bookstore you will find a wide variety of items to help you achieve your educational goals and a great selection of NEO merchandise including clothes, jewelry and accessories, team apparel, book bags, athletic gear and gifts. The bookstore also carries all required course textbooks and supplemental resources for classes, plus study aids, office materials, and art supplies.
When you purchase books and supplies from NEO’s bookstore not only do you receive quality products at great prices, but you’re also reinvesting in campus programs and supporting the local economy. And if you need to make a change, the NEO Bookstore has a quick and easy refund policy and a generous textbook buy-back program that puts cash in your hand and used books on our shelves! We accept cash, personal checks, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and student financial aid awards for purchases and appreciate your business. Thank you for choosing your NEO Bookstore.
Return Policy for Refund Books
If you drop or change a course or buy the wrong book(s), you may return the textbook(s) for a full refund if:
- You have not written in the book(s).
- You return the book(s) within the first ten days of class.
- You have an appropriate drop notice.
- You accompany the return with the register receipt for all consumable purchases.
- Your book(s) are in the same condition you bought them (no marks in new books).
- Your check has cleared the bank (if you have paid by personal check).
ALL refunds will be CREDITED to your school account unless paid with a credit card. NO cash refunds.
Buy Back Services
At the end of each term, Nebraska book distributor provides buy-back services for used textbooks through the NEO Bookstore. Nebraska provides buy-back information to buy books from students at a percentage of the original price if the Buy-Back Services books are in salable condition and will be used again at the college. If a book has been discontinued at NEO but is still current, you may sell it to the wholesaler at the catalog price.
- Q. Why are my textbooks so expensive?
- A. On the average, 64.8% of the sticker price on new books go back to the publisher, mostly to cover development of the book and normal business expenses. The author gets about 11.6% in royalties. The freight company that shipped the book gets 1.2%. Which leaves the bookstore with not much left.
- Q. Do I have to buy my books at the college bookstore?
- A. No, unless your books are special editions.
- Q. What are my options for payment?
- A. Cash, check, debit card, or if your financial aid has been completed you can charge.
- Q. What about buying used books?
- A. This option is open if used books are available for the required edition.
- Q. Do you rent books?
- A. Yes, select books are available for rental.
- Q. How do I know what books I need?
- A. Once you have registered, and enrolled into classes you will receive your student ID #. You can go to the NEO website and log in to your web product. Access your schedule and when the textbooks have been loaded you can see the books that are required.
- Q. What and when is buyback?
- A. Buyback is held at the end of first semester in December and last semester (end of school year), the buyback times will also be listed on the Bookstore Web page.
- Q. Can I return my textbooks?
- A. Yes, at buyback time books can be returned for monies depending on our Nebraska warehouse buyback needs.
- Q. How much will my books cost?
- A. See above for the instructions for looking for your textbook information, you will also find estimate of cost.