The MLT Program Mission is obtained by the following objectives:
- Provide a curriculum that will produce a laboratory technician that is competent in handling technical procedures, reliable, and adept in handling interpersonal relationships with patients, peers, and other healthcare professionals. This curriculum will meet the requirements for an Associate of Applied Science Degree as set forth by the College and for an MLT as set forth by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- Provide an efficient monitoring and feedback system for students so they may realistically evaluate their progress and potential.
- Provide qualified program and clinical instructors.
- Encourage leadership and professional advancement.
- Promote the profession of medical laboratory science in the community.
- Assess program effectiveness at the classroom, program and institutional level.
- Promote continuing education seminars for students and laboratory professionals.
- Provide clinical experience in affiliate facilities.
- Continually monitor the needs of the student and clinical laboratories incorporating any changes that will provide an effective education.
- 2019-2021 3-year Average Graduate Certification Pass Rates: 60%
- 2019-2021 3- year Average Graduation and Attrition Rates: 100%
- 2019-2021 3- year Average Graduate Placement Rates: 100%