Ready to Graduate?
Information for Graduation
** Remember: You Must Apply for Graduation**
Graduation Application Procedure
- Complete an Application for Degree. Click here for Application for Degree
- Complete the Degree Check for your major with your advisor.
- Have your advisor sign the degree check and the application for degree and forward to the Department Chair (The Department Chair will review, sign and send your application and degree check to the Admissions & Registrar’s Office.)
After the application and degree check have been reviewed by the Registrar, a notice will be sent to the student verifying that the application has been received and reviewed. If for any reason the graduation requirements have not be met an explanation will be included.
|Spring Graduation||December 1st|
|Summer Graduation||May 1st|
|December Graduation||July 1st|
Applications for graduation will still be accepted after these dates but students may not necessarily have the opportunity to correct any problems there may be to meet the degree requirements and their names may not be listed in the commencement program.
All students eligible for graduation must complete a graduation checklist that will be emailed to you NEO email account in April. Included in the checklist are the following items:
- Graduation Survey Data from this survey will be used for grant reporting purposes only. Survey results will be reported as aggregate data and your individual results will remain anonymous. Please contact Rachel Lloyd at email@example.com for an exemption from completing the survey if you are not comfortable responding to any of the questions.
- Exit Assessment The Exit Assessment is not a pass/fail and does not prevent a student from graduating. The exit assessment is used to give the college feedback on whether or not students are learning at the college level when they complete a degree. This assessment will be given on the following dates in the LRC Computer Lab, 2nd Floor Library. Dates for the Exit Assessment will be included in the graduation checklist email. The amount of time to complete the exit assessment will take approximately 45 minutes to one hour.
Other steps that need to be completed if you will be participating in the graduation ceremony:
- Mandatory Commencement Practice 2018-19 Commencement Practice is Thursday, May 2nd at 3:00 pm at the Red Robertson Field. A walk-thru of the ceremonies and IMPORTANT information will be discussed. Click for Instructions for Graduation
- Pick Up Cap and Gown You can pick up your cap and gown in Student Union, Student Center, 8am – 4:30pm the week of the graduation ceremony.
- Outstanding Financial Obligations Resolve any outstanding financial obligations to the college, such as library fines, parking tickets or other holds. You may not pick up your cap and gown, you will not receive your diploma and official transcript requests cannot be processed if you have any outstanding balance holds.
- Exit Interview If you have had financial aid loans you must complete an exit interview. You can complete the exit interview in the Financial Aid Office or you may do the exit interview online.