NEO is not able to require the use of masks on campus based on Oklahoma Executive Order 2021-16 and 70 O.S. 1210.189. Masks will continue to be encouraged on campus and we recommend that you review CDC information for your area and make the best decision for your personal health, while also being mindful of those around you.
If an employee elects to wear a face covering on campus, it should adhere to the below standards.
• Fit snuggly but comfortably against the side of the face
• Completely cover the nose and mouth
• Secured with ties or ear loops
• Include multiple layers of fabric (tightly woven cotton is recommended)
• Allow breathing without restriction
• Can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape or cleaned as recommended by CDC, if not disposable
• Must be clean, well-maintained, and professional
If you have questions, please contact your supervisor or the NEO Human Resources Office.
COVID – 19 Exposures
If you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19:
• Wear a high-quality mask as soon as you find out you were exposed. Wear the mask for ten full days as you can develop COVID-19 up to ten days after you have been exposed.
• Watch for symptoms
• Fever (100.4°)
• Shortness of breath
• Other symptoms
• Test after 5 days
If you develop symptoms
• Isolate immediately
• Get tested
• Stay home until you know the result
• If your test is positive, follow the isolation recommendations
COVID -19 Positive
If you test positive for COVID-19, stay home for at least 5 days and isolate from others in your home.
• If you had not symptoms, you may end isolation after day 5.
• If you had symptoms, you may end isolation after day 5 if, you are fever-free for 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms are improving.
• If you still have a fever or your other symptoms have not improved, continue to isolate until they improve.
• Continue to wear your mask through day 10
If you are an employee and are unable to report to work due to COVID-19, please contact your appropriate supervisor and use appropriate accrued sick leave unless authorized by your supervisor to work remotely. It is also appropriate for faculty and staff to use accrued sick leave for absences required due to child care and school disruptions caused by COVID-19 illnesses and staffing shortages.