FACE COVERING GUIDELINES FOR NEO EMPLOYEES
- Based on recent COVID-19 incidence rates and CDC guidelines for vaccinated individuals, face coverings are now recommended when inside a NEO building or facility. Information regarding face coverings, including how to make them, is provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
If an employee elects to wear a face covering on campus, it should adhere to the below standards.
- fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face,
- completely covers the nose and mouth,
- is secured with ties or ear loops,
- includes multiple layers of fabric (tightly woven cotton is recommended),
- allows for breathing without restriction,
- does not have an exhalation valve, and
- can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape or cleaned as recommended by CDC, if not disposable.
- must be clean, well-maintained, and professional
- If you have questions, please contact your supervisor or the NEO Human Resources Office.
|Tested positive, asymptomatic or symptoms resolving within 5 days||Isolate 5 days (Days 1-5 from positive test)||10 days from positive test||NA||Monitor symptoms 10 days from positive test. If you become symptomatic at any point, isolate for 10 days from positive test.|
|Exposed, vaccinated||None||10 days from date of exposure||Test on day 5 if possible||Monitor symptoms for 10 days from exposure. If you become symptomatic at any point, get tested.|
|Exposed, unvaccinated||Quarantine for 5 days (Days 1-5 from exposure)||10 days from date of exposure.||Test on day 5 if possible||Monitor symptoms for 10 days from exposure. If you become symptomatic at any point, get tested.|
- Vaccinated: vaccinated with initial series AND received booster
- Unvaccinated: not vaccinated OR six months from initial series of Pfizer/Moderna (or two months from Johnson & Johnson) AND no booster
- Symptoms resolving: overall symptom improvement AND 24-hours fever free without using fever-reducing medication.