INSTRUCTOR: Agriculture Instructor and Judging Coach
Department: School of Agriculture and Natural Science
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Agriculture Department Chair
Amount of Travel Required: Travel for judging practice/competitions, recruitment
Job Status: Full Time
Positions Supervised: Student Workers
The position requires that the instructor teach a full load of courses as assigned by their supervisor. Release time and or contact hours may be considered when assigning an instructor’s teaching load. A full load is defined as 30 credit hours per year dependent upon release time earned through other assignments. With coaching six credit hours per semester are awarded per semester. Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Complete online application or print and mail to: Personnel Department Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College Box 3971 Miami, OK 74354. You may call the Personnel Office at 918-540-6219. AA/EOE
· Teaches assigned courses in accordance with catalog descriptions and approved syllabi, revising official syllabi when necessary
· Teaches evenings, off-campus, or through distance education delivery systems, if necessary
· Maintains competency in assigned instructional areas
· Maintains necessary academic credentials
· Complies with all appropriate academic standards as set forth by the accreditation agency of the college, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, the Board of Regents for Oklahoma State University and the A&M Colleges, the College, and the particular programs
· Participates in selection of Textbooks/Learning materials for courses taught
· Demonstrates satisfactory performance related to curriculum development to ensure that courses and programs meet current standards, are reviewed regularly, and provide evidence of necessary assessment practices
· Promotes a positive learning atmosphere within the classroom by maintaining order, demonstrating multiple approaches, employing appropriate technology, attending promptly to individual needs, and conducting class regularly and punctually
· Maintains a sound system of student evaluation, demonstrating fairness in grading and protecting the integrity of all evaluation tools
· Keeps accurate records and promptly submits all requested materials to appropriate administration
· Participates in the Department’s efforts to assess learning
· Posts and adheres to an approved schedule of office hours for advising, enrolling, and tutoring students
· Uses all forms of academic warning frequently and consistently to enhance student success and retention
· Observes all accepted policies and procedures when enrolling students
· Supports College functions which include (but are not limited to) assemblies, commencement, enrollment sessions, in-service workshops, honors banquets, etc.
· Supports College events which may include (but are not limited to) concerts, activity events, luncheons, dinners, etc.
· Supports Departmental programs including meetings, training, program reviews, etc.
· Actively recruits prospective students, both traditional and non-traditional.
· Academically advises and counsels students (related to a student’s academic success and transfer and career readiness)
· Interacts with appropriate external audiences (alumni, community, private sector, etc.) to raise awareness of specific projects of the College in need of support (donations of funds, contributions of other assets, etc.)
· Maintains a professional attitude, cooperating with administration, faculty, staff, students, and community, and following accepted channels in all official campus communication
· Supports the vision, mission and goals of the college
· Accepts other related work responsibilities as assigned
· Sponsors and/or assists with sponsoring student organizations
· Participates on institutional committees and/or taskforces as assigned
· Coordinates and travels with students on class and/or club field trips, following institutional policies and procedures
· Works with NEO Agriculture Alumni and Friends organization.
· Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in teaching field or subfield.
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
· Other Requirements: (Provided by each Chair)
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Addendum to Faculty Job Description
In addition to those functions of all full-time instructors at NEO College
· Coach Livestock Judging Team
· Recruit team members
· Arrange and coordinate livestock workouts and travel
· Organize youth livestock judging contests and camps
· Other duties assigned by the department chair