NORTHEASTERN OKLAHOMA A&M COLLEGE
Department: Student Recruitment Office
Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Director of Student Recruitment
Amount of Travel Required: 50-70%
Work Schedule: 12 Months/40 Hours per Week
Positions Supervised: None
Full time 12-month position conducting college recruitment activities in Tulsa, Oklahoma City and surrounding counties as needed. Visit high schools, public functions, college, and alumni events to encourage enrollment of students to NEO. Assist in planning, organizing, and coordinating student pre-admission activities. The NEO Student Recruiter will office in the NEO Recruitment Office.
- Represent NEO A&M College at all high schools, public functions, and college events to encourage enrollment of students to NEO;
- Actively seek to build relationships and to provide information to individuals involved in the college enrollment decision-making process in the surrounding areas as needed;
- Assist in planning high school visits, college day visits, college fairs and career fairs for Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and surrounding counties as needed;
- Recruit at Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and surrounding county High schools, workplaces, and other locations;
- Communicate admission policies to students, parents, high school principals, counselors, teachers, faculty, staff, and administrators;
- Participate in college activities and events as necessary to adequately connect with the main campus and promote what it has to offer to surrounding county students;
- Attend all NEO sponsored events in Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and surrounding counties such as alumni events, public relations event, etc;
- Assist in the planning, organizing and coordinating of telephone recruitment activities;
- Prepare student and parent correspondence, text, and mailings for Tulsa, Oklahoma City and surrounding county residents;
- Assist in planning, organizing, and coordinating special recruitment events in the Tulsa, Oklahoma City, and surrounding county area;
- Assist in the development, production, and delivery of public relations materials for the surrounding counties area;
- Assist in the preparation of written reports and surveys as required by the Director of Student Recruitment;
- Build and maintain a strong NEO A&M College presence in area high schools;
- Perform accurate and timely data entry of student information as gathered from various programs and other resources;
- Recommend recruitment process and procedural modifications to the Student Recruitment process;
- Perform any office or travel duties as assigned by the Director of Recruitment.
- 2 or 4 year College Degree. (Bachelor’s Degree Preferred)
- Strong computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office, and the ability to learn new software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSPhysical Demands Lift/Carry Stand F (Frequently) Walk F (Frequently) Sit F (Frequently) Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) Reach Outward F (Frequently) Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently) Climb N (Not Applicable) Crawl N (Not Applicable) Squat or Kneel F (Frequently) Bend F (Frequently) 10 lbs or less F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently) 51-100 lbs F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable) Push/Pull 12 lbs or less F (Frequently) 13-25 lbs F (Frequently) 26-40 lbs F (Frequently) 41-100 lbs F (Frequently)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation. O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day) F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day) C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Must be able to relate, in a positive manner, to high school and adult students in their college transitional process. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, travel extensively, stay overnight, and work occasional weekends representing the college at various programs. Must be able to pull and lift 50 pounds. Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Resumes or other supplemental material cannot be substituted for any part of the application. Application can be found online at https://www.neo.edu/employment-application. Please submit it along with your resume or mail to: NEO A&M College, Human Resources, 200 I Street NE, Miami, OK 74354. AA/EOE
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by the supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.