Upward Bound is a program designed to help high school students acquire the skills and motivation necessary to succeed in high school and postsecondary education.
What does Upward Bound Provide?
- Academic and Personal Development
- Leadership Training
- Motivational & Educational Workshops
- Assistance with College Admissions
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- College Prep Assistance
- Cultural Enrichment trips
- ACT Prep
- Travel Opportunities
- Stipend & Scholarship Program
What are the benefits?
- Students can earn up to $40 every month
- Receive after school tutoring
- Visit College campuses
- Be prepared for college
The Upward Bound Summer Academy is:
- Mandatory every summer
- A six week program
- Students an opportunity to live on the campus of NEO A&M College
- Team-building and social skills
- Help students in their core classes such as Math, English, Science, and foreign language
- Students an opportunity to study other subjects and skills not normally offered in their schools
Who qualifies for Upward Bound?
- 9th or 10th grade students
- Students who attend Afton, Commerce, Fairland, Grove, Miami, Quapaw, or Wyandotte schools
- Students who meet income eligibility requirements
- Students who’s parents do not have a 4-year degree
How do I apply for Upward Bound?
- Make sure you qualify
- Be committed
- Pick up an application with your school counselor
- Complete and submit the application to the NEO Upward Bound Office